Research Associate I - Analytics
Posted on 03/27/2018
ABOUT PIVOT BIO
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in crop nutrition. Our proprietary ON Technology™ harnesses the power of naturally occurring microbes to give crops increased access to key nutrients. It’s a smart, sustainable way for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
We are seeking a detailed oriented Research Associate to join our Strain Analytics group. This role is instrumental in identifying targets for strain improvement and predicting strain performance in the field. This candidate will conduct assays to assess phenotypic variation and develop these assays to scale. They will also provide quantitative data on important bacterial growth metrics (growth rates, pH, nutrient utilization) and performance indicators (gene expression, small molecule excretion). Data produced will be shared with multiple groups within the company and experiments will be conducted both independently and under the guidance of Analytics scientists.
The ideal start date for this position is 4/15/18 or as soon as possible.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in chemistry or biological science with 1-2 years laboratory. experience or AA in chemistry, biological science or biotechnology with 4+ years of full time experience.
- Strong experience conducting quantitative instrumental analysis (e.g.: UV-Vis spectroscopy, LC/GC-MS, HPLC).
- Comfortable with standard molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA purification and handling.
- Familiarity with standard microbiology techniques including culturing of bacteria and/or fungi.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Data organization and reporting with Microsoft Excel, SpotFire or R.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A strong understanding of bacterial growth and metabolism
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- High throughput, plate based culturing and assay techniques
- Laboratory automation
- Steady state culturing approaches
- Experience culturing anaerobic microbes and/or microbes with unusual nutritional requirements
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Position: Research Associate I - Analytics” in the subject line.