Team Lead, Application Stability & Compatibility
Raleigh, North Carolina
Posted on 04/12/2018
ABOUT PIVOT BIO
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in crop nutrition. Our proprietary ON Technology™ harnesses the power of naturally occurring microbes to give crops increased access to key nutrients. It’s a smart, sustainable way for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Pivot Bio is seeking a Lead to establish the Application Stability & Compatibility team within the Fermentation-Formulation-Application function, lead the science and development of procedures and protocols, and to ensure stable and compatible applications of our crop nutrition products. This is a critical role helping to ensure effective production and commercialization of our novel ON Technology ™ products.
Responsibilities of this new role include:
- Prioritize, plan and direct projects to ensure product compatibility with additives and other chemicals our product may come into contact with when applied in the field
- Prioritize, plan and direct projects for accurate measurement of shelf-life stability of multiple formulations and create processes to ensure prompt communication with other teams
- Develop internal high throughput assays for viability screening of various samples
- Develop Data management and documentation processes to ensure ease of traceability and goal attainment
- Lead a team of Scientists and Research Associates
- Support all departments within the F&F&A functions in statistical and data management needs
- Develop detailed SOPs for internal use
- Ensure effective application of our SOPs with commercial CROs
- PhD (with 2-5 years experience) or Master degree (with 7-9 years experience), in microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry or closely related field
- Strong statistical background including DOE and working with JMP software for data analysis
- Experience in writing detailed SOPs, quality documents and reports
- At least 2-5 years data management, project management and people management experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills as well as proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to communicate effectively with remote sites and employees
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with “Position: Team Lead, Application Stability & Compatibility” in the subject line.